Jamie Carragher announces his retirement

Posted by Attack of the Kop On Thursday 7 February 2013 20 comments

After 17 years of blood, sweat and tears for Liverpool Football Club Jamie Carragher has announced his retirement from football at the end of this current campaign.

The tough tackling, no nonsense defender has currently amassed more than 700 appearances for the Reds after graduating from the prestigious academy in 1996.

After the decision, Carragher had this to say to the official website, "This will be my last season at Liverpool and my last as a professional footballer.
"I'm making this announcement now because I don't want the manager or the club to be answering questions on my future when I've already decided what I am going to do.
Jamie Carragher has had a glittering career, winning the treble in 2001 with Gerard Houllier and then lifting the Champion’s League trophy in 2005. Then, a year later he helped Liverpool to the FA Cup against West Ham, his second in total.
But, the 35-year-old reiterated he’s "fully committed between now and the end of the season to doing the very best for Liverpool Football Club, as I've done my entire career since joining aged just nine-years-old.
"It has been a privilege and an honour to represent this great club for as long as I have and I am immensely proud to have done so and thankful for all the support I have had. There are many memories I want to share and people to thank, but now is not the time for that.
"I won't be making any further comment on this decision until the end of the season; all our focus and concentration should be on achieving the best possible finish in the league this season and trying to win the last remaining trophy we are competing in."
Here’s to Jamie Carragher, a modern day football great and forever a Liverpool Legend.

20 comments:

Android App Development said...

keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

Mobile App Development said...

Its very sad news for liverpool.

seo chennai said...

Hai...nice article...very informative post...i enjoyed reading this blog..thanks for sharing with us.

Cubic Zironcia Swiss said...

Hai..great article..it give more info for me...thanks for your posting..

online shopping in chennai said...

Reading this article was an experience. I enjoyed all the information you provided and appreciated the work you did in getting it written. Thanks for sharing with us.

seo chennai said...

wow....very nice information.....

tamil cinema news in chennai said...

very useful news....thanks for ur information....

seo in chennai said...

Hai...nice article...very informative post...i enjoyed reading this blog..thanks for sharing with us.

Web Developers Delhi said...

Great article. Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

Service Tax Delhi said...

Hi, Really great effort. Everyone should read this article. Thanks for sharing.

Web Development said...

Interesting. Your instructions look clear but I'm not very good at this so I hope this will work well for me. Thanks for the tips!Reading this article was an experience. I enjoyed all the information you provided and appreciated the work you did in getting it written.

Places to hangout in Gurgaon said...

Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share.

Places to hangout in Gurgaon said...

Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share.

Chartered Accountant Delhi said...

I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

Event Planner said...

I don’t know how I should give you thanks for making us aware about this important information! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time I would have wasted by browsing for same information on internet. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

Picnic locations in Delhi NCR said...

I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

Mobile App Developers Delhi said...

This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

Mobile App Development Delhi said...

Very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

company Registration Delhi said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

Mobile App Developers said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

Post a Comment