International Roundup – Gerrard’s England beat Brazil

Posted by Attack of the Kop On Wednesday 6 February 2013 18 comments

Steven Gerrard’s England, featuring Liverpool right back Glen Johnson, won 2-1 against Brazil at Wembley. Wayne Rooney opened the scoring for the Three Lions before Fred pulled a goal back for the visitors. But Frank Lampard put the hosts in front on the hour mark with a curled effort from outside the box to give England their first win over Brazil in 23 years.
 

Elsewhere for Liverpool’s international stars, Uruguay lost 3-1 to Spain in Doha in a pulsating game. Luis Suarez featured for the full 90 minutes, while coach Oscar Tabarez left Sebastian Coates on the bench.

Fresh after winning Slovakian player of the year, it was heartbreak for Martin Skrtel as Dries Mertens netted late on to earn Belgium a 2-1 victory.

It wasn’t a night to remember for Skrtel’s defensive partner Daniel Agger, who featured for 90 minutes as Denmark were left shocked by a 3-0 loss to Macedonia.

Joe Allen featured for Wales in their 2-1 triumph against Austria at the Liberty Stadium. The Welshman notched an assist when Gareth Bale steered in after being sent through by Allen.

In Under-21 action, striker Fabio Borini netted from close range late on as Italy defeated Germany.

On Tuesday night, four Liverpool players starred in England’s 4-0 win over Sweden. Andre Wisdom, Jack Robinson, Jonjo Shelvey and Jordan Henderson all impressed at Walsall’s Banks’ Stadium.

Jonjo Shelvey’s side-footed effort doubled England’s lead in the 30th minute, while Liverpool target and former youth winger Tom Ince grabbed a brace.

Sikander Najib

18 comments:

Android App Development said...

Thanks a lot for writing this post.Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.

seo chennai said...

Hai...nice article...very informative post...i enjoyed reading this blog..thanks for sharing with us.

Cubic Zironcia Swiss said...

blog..thanks for posting Hai..good post...very informative

online shopping in chennai said...

Reading this article was an experience. I enjoyed all the information you provided and appreciated the work you did in getting it written. Thanks for sharing with us.

tamil cinema news said...

very useful news.....

seo in chennai said...

very very important information.....

seo in chennai said...

Hai..good post...very informative blog..thanks for posting

Web Developers Delhi said...

Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contain very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

Service Tax Delhi said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs that I see these days don't really provide anything that interesting. But I'm definitely interested in this one more than any other blog.

Web Development said...

Interesting. Your instructions look clear but I'm not very good at this so I hope this will work well for me. Thanks for the tips!Reading this article was an experience. I enjoyed all the information you provided and appreciated the work you did in getting it written.

Places to hangout in Gurgaon said...

It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

Places to visit in Gurgaon said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

Event Planner said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here. They fit so well with what you're trying to say. I'm sure you'll reach so many people.

Chartered Accountant Delhi said...

I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject, I would very a lot like to hear much more from you on this subject matter – I have bookmarked this page and will return soon to hear additional about it.

Picnic locations in Delhi NCR said...

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

Mobile App Development Delhi said...

Gr8…Keep it up!!!!

Mobile App Developers Delhi said...

After read this informative and effective post regarding technicalities of viruses attacon on systems i have good knowledge now to fix this issue and to explain this issue to others.

Water Park in Delhi NCR said...

Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

Post a Comment